The Super Cyclone (Orissa, 1999) - the diary of A small boy
The Super Cyclone (Orissa, 1999) credit- WiKi by Sayak Roy Choudhury, Class II C Have you seen a big banyan tree sliding down the road? I have seen it in Bhubaneswar. One fine morning we took a train from Howrah to go to Bhubaneswar. At lunchtime we reached there. We had food and took some rest. In the evening we went for a walk. We went to a STD booth to call my granny and inform her that we reached Bhubaneswar safely. We heard from her that a super-cyclone is coming towards Orissa, but (we) did not feel anything. Early next morning while I was lying on the bed, my father informed that the storm has reached Bhubaneswar. Sometime later when I went to the hotel corridor, I saw the storm. Every minute the storm was growing faster. Many trees were breaking. Lamp(-p)osts were uprooted. Window glasses and advertisement boards were flying all over. Huge trees were sliding down the road. I thought (that the) trees were walking. Suddenly there was a power cut. Then the telephone and the c...







Comments
Post a Comment